Trace-A-Matic’s vast machining capabilities range from three-axis milling equipment to sophisticated CNC machining centers with six-sided machining capacity. We still utilize 3 axis horizontal and vertical milling centers to produce many of the complex components and precision parts. Trace-A-Matic is committed to the continual investment in innovative technology, state-of-the-art equipment, highly experienced machinists, and ongoing industry training. This multi-disciplinary approach enables us to consistently and successfully meet or exceed your machining expectations.
Machining Capabilities Summary
Heavy-duty axle housings, valve bodies, large connecting rods, enclosures, plates, industrial components, and other precise shape parts
Up to 240” x 120” x 70”
All standard metals, aluminum, armor plate, brass, bronze, chromium, copper, gammalloy, Hastelloy, Incoloy, Inconel, Invar, manganese, molybdenum, Monel, nickel, Nitralloy, platinum, powdered metals, stainless steel, Stellite, titanium, Waspaloy, zinc, and many other superalloys
Castings, forgings, fabricated weldments, tubing, billets, and bar stock
Boring, counterboring, countersinking, drilling, facing, pocketing, profiling, reaming, mill slots, and tapping
Aerospace, Defense, Food Processing, Heavy Equipment, Medical Equipment, Military, Mining, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Transportation
Doosan, Fadal, Haas, Hyundai-Kia, Makino, Mighty, OKK, Okuma, Smart, SNK, and Supermax - Please refer to our Equipment List for specific mill information and capabilities.
3 Axis CNC Milling Machines Overview
A 3 axis machining center has a variable speed spindle with raw material clamped directly to the index table or with the aid of a fixture. The spindle assembly moves along the travel columns in unison with the index table to precisely maneuver the workpiece and cutting tool to achieve the proper cutting path required for removing material in a subtractive manufacturing process.
3 Axis Machine Anatomy
- Spindle Assembly - Variable speed rotating spindle, which holds the cutting tool
- Cutting Tool - Removes material from the workpiece to form a part
- Traveling Columns - The spindle and cutting tool moving on the Z-axis and X-axis columns
- Index Table Platform the workpiece or rotary index table clamps to which moves in the Y-axis
- Automatic Tool Changer (not shown) - A mechanical apparatus used to hold and change spindle tooling
- CNC Control Panel - The interface a machinist uses to control the linear and rotational axes of computer numerical control machine operations
Other CNC machining services offered: 5-Axis Machining,
CNC Inspection, and
Special Machining Process
All product names, trademarks, and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.