Precision CNC Machining
The Plant Supervisor will manage the day to day shop floor activities of the production operation with a goal of optimizing through put and quality of the plant. The Plant Supervisor is an integral part of the structure of TAM, and provides the daily management of shop floor personnel that makes TAM profitable. This position requires a person that understands CNC machining, leadership, and management of people. This position is expected to understand the overall picture of business at TAM and required to participate and interact with all Managers, Employees, Departments and Customers in a professional manner at all times.
The Plant Supervisor will manage the day to day shop floor activities of the production operation with a goal of optimizing through output and quality of the plant through the following mechanisms:
- Direct, Schedule and Guide morning walk-through activities with the following key points of information:
- Schedule at machine as compared to schedule boards
- Information pertaining to Productivity and Quality of the operation
- Required needs from other departments (i.e. Quality, materials or shipping)
- Oversee the day to day activities of the manufacturing, tool room, tool crib, and finishing department personnel (based on plant operations) to ensure efficient use of resources to complete jobs within the prescribed standards.
- In conjunction with the Quality Lead, the Plant Supervisor will work with prioritizing quality department work load, and day to day operations of the plant quality personnel.
- Work with Night Shift Plant Lead to communicate daily schedule and provide direction.
- Be part of the team that reviews NCR’s daily, provides and directs resolution or disposition on all parts within the operations department.
- Responsible for the streamlining of parts that have an NCR by defining a process that get the parts back into normal flow with least amount of additional cost.
- This includes Completion of Non-Conforming Report form (Root cause, Corrective Action, assigning of cause code and responsibility for defect, and repair process recommendations)
- Work with the Engineering/Programming department to ensure proper documentation, tooling, fixturing and programs are ready and accurate to produce parts that meet quality and production standards as designated by the routing.
- When processes don’t meet these requirements, the Plant Supervisor will be responsible to work with the Plant Lead and/or Programming Lead to correct the problems to meet the standards expected.
- Evaluate the work force to ensure personnel are meeting requirements and looking for opportunities to develop people to the next level. Personnel not meeting expectations will require a plan to address the situation and provide leadership and mentoring for improvement.
We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k, quarterly profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays and PTO.