Precision CNC Machining
The Production Supervisor, under the supervision of the Plant Mgr. /Lead will manage the day to day shop floor activities of the production operation with a goal of optimizing output and quality of the plant. The Production Supervisor is an integral part of the structure of TAM, and provides the daily management of shop floor personnel that makes TAM profitable. This position requires a person that understands machining, leadership, and management of people. This position is expected to understand the overall picture of business at TAM and required to participate and interact with all Managers, Employees, Departments and Customers in a professional manner at all times.
The following essential functions are the critical duties an employee must be able to perform either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accomodation.
- The Production Supervisor in conjunction with the Plant Mgr./Lead will manage the day to day shop floor activities of the production operation with a goal of optimizing through put and quality of the plant through the following mechanisms:
- Direct, Schedule and Guide morning walk-through activities with the following key points of information:
- Schedule at machine as compared to schedule boards
- Information pertaining to Productivity and Quality of the operation
- Required needs from other departments (i.e. Quality, materials or shipping)
- Work with Night Shift Foreman to communicate daily plan and provide direction.
- Be part of the Quality Team that reviews NCR’s daily, provides and directs resolution or disposition on all parts.
- Responsible for the streamlining parts that have an NCR by defining a process that get the parts back into normal flow with least amount of additional cost.
- This includes Completion of NCR form (Root cause, CA, assigning cause code and
- responsibility, and repair process recommendations)
- With the Plant Manager, Engineering/Programming department ensure proper documentation, tooling, Fixturing and Programs are ready and accurate to produce parts that meet quality and production standards as designated by the routing.
- When processes don’t meet these requirements, the Production Supervisor will be responsible to work with the Plant Manager to correct the problems to meet the standards expected.
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager provide input to help evaluate the work force to ensure personnel are meeting requirements and looking for opportunities to develop people to the next level. Personnel not meeting expectations will require a plan to address the situation and provide leadership and mentoring for improvement.
- Evaluations will be driven by the following factors:
- Productivity rating
- Quality rating
- Compliance with company rules and regulations
We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k, quarterly gain sharing, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays and PTO and on-site fitness center.